Monday, July 23, 2012

What to eat for snack?

I've been struggling a bit with not eating enough, but feeling like I've eaten plenty. So I've done a little research and thought I would share a recipe I came across ( I tweaked it a bit, semi-accidentally). It's for a quick easy snack and packed with protein and all kinds of good stuff. Low on carbs as well :)
Peanut Butter Protein Balls:
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/snacks/r/pbproteinballs.htm

Liz & I made them according to the recipe.. But they didn't have enough moisture in them to really form a ball. We tasted them as they were and... Ick! The flavor was not bad, but the texture was like I had poured a cup of flour into my mouth :/ so.. I Google'd some more and tweaked it to my liking. I used the same ingredients above and added 3tbsp Honey and 1 additional tsp Vanilla. They're fabulous! My new snack! It makes about 16 balls :) they are super easy to make as well, taking about 5min. The rest of mine (we each ate one) are chilling in the fridge for our enjoyment the next few days!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger