Monday, July 16, 2012

LoseIt!

Last week, a friend of mine introduced me to a new app for my iPhone. I'm in love! I probably would have even paid for it, but it's free! It's called 'LoseIt'. It's a daily food tracker as well as a goal tracker. It's so easy to log what I eat & quickly. It has all the major food brands you find at the grocery store and if you don't want to search for it, just scan the barcode and there it is! It also has the a lot of restaurants in there too! I set up my weight goal in the beginning and it put me on a daily calorie count for what I am wanting to achieve. It logs every calorie and tells me if I'm over or under for the day. (I'm happy to report I've been under every single day!) I wasn't supposed to weigh in today but I couldn't resist the scale this morning :) I'm down another pound! I'll take it!
So far this weight loss journey has been far different than the others, in a good way. It's not something I feel I have to do or struggle with.
Yesterday was my FIL's birthday & we decided to get dinner and cake and have a small thing at home, just us. The teenagers opted for pizza, and the adults, tacos & burritos from a local Mexican food store. We went to Albertsons to pick up the cake and I decided on a roasted chicken breast, a side salad of greens, walnuts & cranberries w/ raspberry vinegar dressing. I even skipped the cake and picked up a black cherry Greek yogurt instead! (i washed it all down with a Vitamin water) I didn't mind missing the cake, as I've never really been a cake person anyway, I just ate it because, well, that's what you're supposed to do at a birthday, right?!
As we got in the car to go home last night, my hubby tells me how proud of me he is :) totally worth it!!!

1 comment:

~Dustie said...

I meant " a lot of restaurants"... :)

Powered By Blogger